Share This

Share |

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Charleston's Barnes and Noble



Posted by PicasaCharleston Barnes and Noble and Charleston’s Capital Book Festival

November 6th & 7th

What a great event held by Capital Book Festival located at The Charleston’s Public Library. Over 5,000 people came through the library in one day. I think they set a record that day! Hundreds of authors and publishers were present from all over the country. Wonderful readings and lectures held all day. It is still a very surreal experience sitting next to prized authors and publishers. I feel like a fish out of water at most of these events. It is amazing feeling standing behind your book with posters flanked at each side of you advertising who you are and being questioned by customers eager to read or learn more about your book. Seeing your name in print still blows me away. 

I am always extremely humbled with every book signing and signature. Capital book Festival (see Facebook Page) produces several large festivals a year all over the south and will now have an annual event every fall in Charleston, South Carolina. A fun weekend with so much to enjoy. Literature and Art dance all over the city! There was a local art festival down the street with a fabulous array of artists selling their work. I found a great sculpture of a small antique bicycle with metal birds on the handle bars and a fun glass bowl where the seat was originally placed. I have it now hanging in my kitchen. It holds my fresh vegetables and it’s a great reminder of South Carolina.

 Sunday, November 7th

Charleston’s Barnes and Noble was a great event too (see pic. above). The people at BN are always so much fun and excited to have us there. I was there with my Publisher, Lily Herndon Weaks and a couple other of her authors too. Growing up, I was always shy to look at the authors present in the book stores. They appeared as if they were “God like Sculptures” to me. Funny, now that I have my first book out the same shyness reappears within. My mom thoroughly enjoyed herself and made sure everyone in the book store knew I was there for a book signing. I actually felt like a 15 year old with the same old thoughts, “Mom, you are embarrassing me.”



No comments:

Post a Comment