Share This

Share |

Sunday, January 15, 2012

     

Excuse me but I have been on another planet for the past 9 months. I have been quiet on my "website life," but very busy in the new nursery. Below are some things I have been working on...



     Of course I had to include my first children's book that my publisher sent me and the Original watercolor illustration for the book. One thing I know for sure, now that I am a mother, is that God blessed my baby on her journey to me and my father met her first. The bridge in my heart that connected me to my father broke when he died but now is slowly being repaired with her birth. Life will never be the same and life does move on...




 I focused on a black and white theme in her nursery. B/W images strengthen her eye development during the first year. I painted  large B/W (4'x5') Elephant Ears that hang over her book shelves. It is a great distraction while we change her diaper. Most nights we think she is talking to it! I created a mobile from an old piece of grapevine wood and dangled B/W images from it too. Overhead our some B/W fan blades with patterns, flowers, bubbles and the words Dream and Earth Angel painted on it. I have other fan blades on my Facebook Fan Page if you are interested. It is simple to unscrew the blades!




A very special painting that my dad did when I was 3 years old and the shirt that I wore now hangs in the room too...



For the entire 9 months while we were pregnant we did not have a name picked out for either sex. We called him/her "Baby Love."  "Baby Love" spelled out with antique wooden blocks and rubber duckies line up for her over her dresser.


 I created "The Stork Dance" mural that is painted over her crib. Three four foot storks in white is the focal point of her room. Ironically where ever we go as a family these days, (can count on one hand during the winter hibernation of a newborn) white cranes follow us. 




 My Auntie started the ribbon mobile idea in our family with her daughter and we have been creating one for every newborn in our family over the past 15 years. I selected a few colors that matched the nursery and had friends and family members write messages to our baby at the baby showers I had. I incorporated Japanese paper Origami cranes with the ribbons. The cranes symbolize "Good Luck" In their culture. 






I received many photo albums and jazzed them up with beads and shells.

Lastly, I painted a beautiful inscripture to Ella that is spread out around the room over the chair rail.


"Be Gentle with yourself...You are a child of the universe, no less then the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusions of life, keep peace in your soul."
Unknown Author to me...

1 comment: